But this is what I get for living in the desert I guess.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Popsicles and Swimming in February!
So, this is what we decided to do today. After I picked Sy up from school, I took the boys for a walk. They (mostly Sy) wanted to go to the park. 30 seconds after being there, I was too hot. The sun was beating down on my black shirt, and we headed back. They were bummed. "Can we play in the backyard?" Sy asked. I thought "Man, it's warm enough to go swimming." I didn't want to get the blow up pool yet, it's way up in the attic. So, I just got out a storage container, put dish soap in it, and blasted the hose. They had so much fun. They didn't even think it was cold. It was an afternoon of eating popsicles and playing in the water. Doesn't get better than that!!!!



I know some of you are still in winter weather, even snow. Not us. I'd trade you if I could. I am absolutely dreading the summer, and it is coming too soon. I want to go somewhere where there are 4 seasons :-(
But this is what I get for living in the desert I guess.
But this is what I get for living in the desert I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You are so sweet to be thinking of us, thanks! I love the make shift pool, awesome! I'll have to stop by and say hello sometime when I come to coolidge. I also totally understand the fear of summer coming.....I am going to be missing Ohio.
be careful what you wish for! I know it's hot there in AZ, but believe me you can do more in hot weather then you can in FREEZING cold! Plus it's so sad to see your babies shivering from the cold wind and snow :(
I'm jealous of the swimming, lets trade!
Trust me the snow is not fun. I rather be hot anyday.
I miss the nice valley weather! This winter has been soooo cold, and when the water freezes then you know it's too cold! Yeah summers are stinky, but I actually miss summer! Also supposively Snowflake has an awful lot of wind, and I'm not looking forward to that!
What a fun mommy you are! I'm also dreading summer...more the reason to enjoy this weather!
Thanks SO much for your comment! I was just making myself a little crazy about baby movement today! She moves all the time and I don't even think about it. And then I'll be in the middle of class and think, has she moved recently? It's ridiculous. I've been feeling great and all the doctors apts have found me pretty normal, so I don't think I have anything to worry about, but doctors make me crazy. And I hate that things can go wrong even when I'm doing everything right. I guess I like having more control. :) It's all out the window once this kid comes along. But thanks again for your comment. It calmed me down a ton. :)
Post a Comment